MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating a child enticement case on the city's south side after a 16-year-old Madison girl was offered a ride to school Tuesday morning by a stranger.
The teen was at a bus stop in the 2800 block of Post Road when a white Dodge Charger with tinted windows pulled up about 7:30 a.m.
Madison police said a man in the car spoke through and open window, offering the girl a ride, and then telling her how he found her to be very beautiful when she declined his proposition.
The girl's bus arrived and she reported the contact to a school official, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday