MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating a child enticement case on the city's south side after a 16-year-old Madison girl was offered a ride to school Tuesday morning by a stranger.
The teen was at a bus stop in the 2800 block of Post Road when a white Dodge Charger with tinted windows pulled up about 7:30 a.m.
Madison police said a man in the car spoke through and open window, offering the girl a ride, and then telling her how he found her to be very beautiful when she declined his proposition.
The girl's bus arrived and she reported the contact to a school official, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash