MADISON, Wis. - Police are crediting a victim in a road rage incident Wednesday with keeping a cool head to prevent a major problem from becoming worse.
The incident happened in a shopping mall parking lot in the 200 block of Junction Road just before 2 p.m. Wednesday.
According to police, Ryan McGuire, 29, used his car to try and drive through another vehicle. When officers arrived, McGuire's car was still revving at a high rate of speed, shredding the rubber from one of his tires, exposing the steel of the wheel and damaging the asphalt.
Officers said the driver of the other car realized if she had moved, McGuire's vehicle could take off uncontrollably and hit other cars and pedestrians.
McGuire refused demands to get out of the car and was eventually forced out of the vehicle and taken into custody, according to police. McGuire faces several charges, including operating a vehicle while intoxicated, reckless endangerment and resisting arrest.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire