MADISON, Wis. - Madison police have arrested three men in connection with a west side murder.
Manford L. White, 26, Anthony D. White, 26, and Tavon J. Meyers, 21, were arrested and will be booked on suspicion of first-degree intentional homicide, according to police.
The three men were arrested between 5 and 6 p.m. Friday after numerous interviews and investigation, the report said.
Police ruled the death a homicide after an autopsy said there were internal injuries to the 43-year-old victim.
According to police reports, officers were called to an apartment in the 1100 block of Morraine View Drive shortly after 4 a.m. on Friday. Officers and EMS workers tried unsuccessfully to save the man.
Witnesses said they had overheard a verbal dispute coming from the apartment. Police said at the initial investigation on the scene there wasn't any outstanding evidence of injury to rule the death a homicide.
Police said the victim knew his attacker.
Police also said there isn't any public danger as a result of the incident.Man killed in west side apartment
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit