The Madison Police Department has announced traffic enforcement patrols for this week.
The Madison Police Department's Traffic Enforcement Safety Team, in addition to other enforcement efforts, will be specifically addressing traffic violations this week in the following areas:
- Tuesday -- West District -- 1200 S. High Point Road (35 mph zone, speed enforcement)
- Wednesday -- Central District -- 100 John Nolen Drive (35 mph zone, speed enforcement)
- Thursday -- North District -- 4900 E. Washington Ave. (35 mph zone, speed and work zone enforcement)
The Madison Police Department said it's committed to improving the safety of the community by increasing compliance with traffic laws through education and enforcement.
Although law enforcement efforts are an important part of public safety, police said they rely heavily on the cooperation of the public to be aware of and to follow all traffic laws, whether as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist.
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff