MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Police Department said its Traffic Enforcement Safety Team will be specifically addressing traffic violations this week in areas of the city.
Madison police said those areas are:
- Tuesday, March 19, 2013. North District -- 1900 Packers Ave. (35 mph zone; speed enforcement)
- Wednesday, March 20, 2013. South District -- 1800 S. Park St. (30 mph zone; speed enforcement)
- Thursday, March 21, 2013. East District -- 3300 E. Washington Ave. (35 mph zone; speed enforcement)
The Madison Police Department is committed to improving the safety of our community by increasing compliance with traffic laws through education and enforcement.
Police said they rely heavily on the cooperation of the public to be aware of and to follow all traffic laws, whether as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need