MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Police Department said its Traffic Enforcement Safety Team will be specifically addressing traffic violations this week in areas of the city.
Madison police said those areas are:
- Tuesday, March 19, 2013. North District -- 1900 Packers Ave. (35 mph zone; speed enforcement)
- Wednesday, March 20, 2013. South District -- 1800 S. Park St. (30 mph zone; speed enforcement)
- Thursday, March 21, 2013. East District -- 3300 E. Washington Ave. (35 mph zone; speed enforcement)
The Madison Police Department is committed to improving the safety of our community by increasing compliance with traffic laws through education and enforcement.
Police said they rely heavily on the cooperation of the public to be aware of and to follow all traffic laws, whether as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist.
- Child expert weighs in, on search for 9-month old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change