MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Police Department said its Traffic Enforcement Safety Team will be specifically addressing traffic violations this week in areas of the city.
Madison police said those areas are:
- Tuesday, March 19, 2013. North District -- 1900 Packers Ave. (35 mph zone; speed enforcement)
- Wednesday, March 20, 2013. South District -- 1800 S. Park St. (30 mph zone; speed enforcement)
- Thursday, March 21, 2013. East District -- 3300 E. Washington Ave. (35 mph zone; speed enforcement)
The Madison Police Department is committed to improving the safety of our community by increasing compliance with traffic laws through education and enforcement.
Police said they rely heavily on the cooperation of the public to be aware of and to follow all traffic laws, whether as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes