MONONA, Wis. - Monona police are hoping a surveillance picture of a pickup truck will lead them to the people responsible for damaging vehicles with BB guns over the weekend.
Someone damaged numerous vehicle windows with BB guns sometime between late Friday night and early Saturday morning, Monona police said.
Madison police said they are now investigating similar crimes on the east side, and that they are working with Monona police as part of the investigation.
Madison police said more than 20 cases have been reported.
"It appears someone spent a good deal of time in the past week driving around and shooting out windows of parked vehicles, likely with a BB gun," officials said in a release.
A home security system captured an image of the vehicle police believe was involved in the damage, according to a release from Monona police.
It is a two-toned full-size pickup truck, white on the top and dark on the bottom, police said.
It appears the people in the truck were shooting out the rear window on the passenger side, according to the release.
Officials ask anyone with information on the incident or the truck in the picture to call the Monona Police Department at 608-222-0463.
- Wisconsin River flooding causes road closure
- Dickeyville police looking for assault suspect
- Man suffers leg injuries after being hit by snowplow
- Hundreds pack tribute to 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield
- Wisconsin troopers not wearing name tags in North Dakota
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin