MONONA, Wis. - Monona police are hoping a surveillance picture of a pickup truck will lead them to the people responsible for damaging vehicles with BB guns over the weekend.
Someone damaged numerous vehicle windows with BB guns sometime between late Friday night and early Saturday morning, Monona police said.
Madison police said they are now investigating similar crimes on the east side, and that they are working with Monona police as part of the investigation.
Madison police said more than 20 cases have been reported.
"It appears someone spent a good deal of time in the past week driving around and shooting out windows of parked vehicles, likely with a BB gun," officials said in a release.
A home security system captured an image of the vehicle police believe was involved in the damage, according to a release from Monona police.
It is a two-toned full-size pickup truck, white on the top and dark on the bottom, police said.
It appears the people in the truck were shooting out the rear window on the passenger side, according to the release.
Officials ask anyone with information on the incident or the truck in the picture to call the Monona Police Department at 608-222-0463.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors