MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was sentenced Monday to eight years in federal prison for heroin distribution.
According to a Department of Justice statement, Antoine Edwards, 39, sold seven grams of heroin to an informant in November. Police searched Edwards' residence and found additional heroin and drug packaging materials.
The statement said Edwards admitted to distributing heroin in the Madison area, pleading guilty to the charge in February.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice, the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Stoughton Police Department jointly conducted the investigation.
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall