MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was sentenced Monday to eight years in federal prison for heroin distribution.
According to a Department of Justice statement, Antoine Edwards, 39, sold seven grams of heroin to an informant in November. Police searched Edwards' residence and found additional heroin and drug packaging materials.
The statement said Edwards admitted to distributing heroin in the Madison area, pleading guilty to the charge in February.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice, the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Stoughton Police Department jointly conducted the investigation.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire