MADISON, Wis. - The lawyer accused of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman last month entered a plea Wednesday.
Jon Evenson, 37, stood silent as a not-guilty plea was entered on his behalf. He faces seven felony charges.
Police said a 22-year-old Madison college student was given Ecstasy and sexually assaulted on State Street in the early morning hours of Sept. 5.
According to police reports, a man approached her, took her to his downtown business office and later to his home on the west side. The man allegedly sexually assaulted the woman at both locations.
Evenson admitted to having sex with the woman, but said it was consensual, according to the criminal complaint. He also said the woman took Ecstasy voluntarily.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1