MADISON, Wis. - The lawyer accused of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman last month entered a plea Wednesday.
Jon Evenson, 37, stood silent as a not-guilty plea was entered on his behalf. He faces seven felony charges.
Police said a 22-year-old Madison college student was given Ecstasy and sexually assaulted on State Street in the early morning hours of Sept. 5.
According to police reports, a man approached her, took her to his downtown business office and later to his home on the west side. The man allegedly sexually assaulted the woman at both locations.
Evenson admitted to having sex with the woman, but said it was consensual, according to the criminal complaint. He also said the woman took Ecstasy voluntarily.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need