MADISON, Wis. - The lawyer accused of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman last month entered a plea Wednesday.
Jon Evenson, 37, stood silent as a not-guilty plea was entered on his behalf. He faces seven felony charges.
Police said a 22-year-old Madison college student was given Ecstasy and sexually assaulted on State Street in the early morning hours of Sept. 5.
According to police reports, a man approached her, took her to his downtown business office and later to his home on the west side. The man allegedly sexually assaulted the woman at both locations.
Evenson admitted to having sex with the woman, but said it was consensual, according to the criminal complaint. He also said the woman took Ecstasy voluntarily.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks