MADISON, Wis. - The lawyer accused of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman last month entered a plea Wednesday.
Jon Evenson, 37, stood silent as a not-guilty plea was entered on his behalf. He faces seven felony charges.
Police said a 22-year-old Madison college student was given Ecstasy and sexually assaulted on State Street in the early morning hours of Sept. 5.
According to police reports, a man approached her, took her to his downtown business office and later to his home on the west side. The man allegedly sexually assaulted the woman at both locations.
Evenson admitted to having sex with the woman, but said it was consensual, according to the criminal complaint. He also said the woman took Ecstasy voluntarily.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow