TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - A 36-year-old Madison man was killed in a motorcycle crash Sunday night, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The crash occurred on Highway 12 near Highway 19 at about 9: 15 p.m. and a passing motorist discovered the scene at about 6:30 a.m. on Monday. The westbound lanes of Highway 12 were affected during the morning commute. The scene was cleared at 12:29 p.m.
Investigators said the motorcyclist was traveling south on Highway 12, and excessive speed appears to have caused the crash, according to deputies.
The man was not wearing a helmet and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to deputies.
The name of the motorcyclist is being withheld pending the notification of family members.Highway 12 at Highway 19
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls