RIDGEWAY, Wis. - Authorities said a man was arrested Friday morning after he fled an officer speeding.
The Iowa County Sheriff's Department said at about 1:33 a.m., a Mineral Point poice officer attempted to stop a vehicle that was traveling northbound on Highway 151 at 110 mph.
According to the sheriff's report, the officer lost the vehicle on a curve and ended the pursuit near Ridgeway, Wis.
About a half an hour later, at 2:01 a.m., sheriff's deputies responded to Highway HHH for a report of a person outside yelling. A deputy found Bradley E. Ziltner, 32, of Madison, walking down the middle of the road, the report noted.
Ziltner's vehicle was found on Prairie Road, the sheriff's department said. The Mineral Point officer identified the vehicle as the one he'd attempted to stop earlier.
Ziltner was arrested and taken to Iowa County Jail on charges of fleeing an officer and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released on bond, authorities said.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs