RIDGEWAY, Wis. - Authorities said a man was arrested Friday morning after he fled an officer speeding.
The Iowa County Sheriff's Department said at about 1:33 a.m., a Mineral Point poice officer attempted to stop a vehicle that was traveling northbound on Highway 151 at 110 mph.
According to the sheriff's report, the officer lost the vehicle on a curve and ended the pursuit near Ridgeway, Wis.
About a half an hour later, at 2:01 a.m., sheriff's deputies responded to Highway HHH for a report of a person outside yelling. A deputy found Bradley E. Ziltner, 32, of Madison, walking down the middle of the road, the report noted.
Ziltner's vehicle was found on Prairie Road, the sheriff's department said. The Mineral Point officer identified the vehicle as the one he'd attempted to stop earlier.
Ziltner was arrested and taken to Iowa County Jail on charges of fleeing an officer and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released on bond, authorities said.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online