TOWN OF MIDDLETON, Wis. - A man found stumbling along the side of a town of Middleton road Thursday evening is facing his fourth charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened just after 8:30 p.m. near the intersection of U.S. Highway 14 and Wayside Road in the town of Middleton.
According to sheriff's officials, a Dane County deputy made contact with Dany Cadena-Fernandez, 30, of Madison, as he walked along the highway. Deputies said they could smell an odor of intoxicants on Cadena-Fernandez and found his vehicle on the road a short distance away.
Sheriff's officials said deputies confirmed that Cadena-Fernandez had been operating this vehicle. He was arrested after a field sobriety test was conducted, according to the sheriff's department.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes