MADISON, Wis. - Madison was listed as one of the 10 best cities for active families by Outside Magazine.
The magazine cited the city's cycling culture. It also mentioned bike-sharing organizations within the city and the proximity to Trek, Waterford Precision Cycles and Devil's Lake State Park.
Numerous programs for getting youth involved in outdoor activities were also mentioned.
Other cities on the list include Minneapolis, Minn., Austin, Texas, Portland, Ore., Salt Lake City, Utah, Boston, Mass., Colorado Springs, Col., Albuquerque, NM, Washington D.C., and Boise, Idaho.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving