MADISON, Wis. - Madison paramedics transported a 17-year-old man to a hospital late Monday afternoon following a house fire on the city's near west side.
Firefighters were sent to the home in the 4400 block of Vale Circle at 4:15 p.m. Two men in the home at the time of the fire were able to get out.
The man who was transported to Meriter Hospital was not believed to have life-threatening injuries, according to a Madison Fire Department news release.
Crews located the fire on the second floor of the two-story, single-family home, and firefighters quickly extinguished the fire.
One of the young men tried to douse the fire with a bucket of water prior to the arrival of firefighters but was unsuccessful, according to the news release.
The Madison Fire Department said there was significant smoke damage throughout the second floor, with moderate to heavy smoke damage on the first floor.
Fire crews reported no smoke alarms sounding.
Fire officials estimated damages at between $20,000 and $25,000.
The cause remains under investigation.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land