MADISON, Wis - Four people were left uninjured, but shaken after a roll over at the intersection of South Broom Street and East Johnson Street around 6:45 p.m. Friday night.
Madison police and fire crews were called to the scene near a Steven's Construction Corp. site . The driver said she didn't see the orange cone placed to alert drivers of the concrete barrier.
The car then drove up onto the barrier, rolling on its side where it came to rest in between the barrier and a 30 ft drop to the construction site below.
According to the Madison Fire Department chief on the scene, crews had a difficult time getting to the trapped passengers, due to the car's location.
Eventually, rescue workers had to break several windows and the windshield, before prying the roof open to extract the passengers.
No one was seriously injured in the accident. The vehicle passengers were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
A Steven's representative at the site said they plan to make the construction site more visible for drivers.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire