MADISON, Wis - Four people were left uninjured, but shaken after a roll over at the intersection of South Broom Street and East Johnson Street around 6:45 p.m. Friday night.
Madison police and fire crews were called to the scene near a Steven's Construction Corp. site . The driver said she didn't see the orange cone placed to alert drivers of the concrete barrier.
The car then drove up onto the barrier, rolling on its side where it came to rest in between the barrier and a 30 ft drop to the construction site below.
According to the Madison Fire Department chief on the scene, crews had a difficult time getting to the trapped passengers, due to the car's location.
Eventually, rescue workers had to break several windows and the windshield, before prying the roof open to extract the passengers.
No one was seriously injured in the accident. The vehicle passengers were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
A Steven's representative at the site said they plan to make the construction site more visible for drivers.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth