MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Fire Department has transitioned to its cold-weather equipment, including the addition of an airboat from the Dane County Sheriff's Office, according to a release.
The addition of an airboat is the latest collaboration effort between the MFD Lake Rescue Team and the Dane County Sheriff's Office, officials said. Both agencies respond to water rescues in Dane County.
Officials said ice rescues are particularly challenging due to the variations in thickness as temperatures fluctuate.
The airboat expands MFD's capabilities by providing improved transportation options on water and ice, according to the release. It will be housed at MFD Fire Station #1, where it will be trailered and ready to respond 24/7.
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan