MADISON, Wis. - Four Red Cross volunteers from southern Wisconsin area headed to Colorado to assist with flood relief efforts.
Nearly 18,000 homes have been damaged by flooding that spans 17 counties.
Brenda Haney of De Forest and Diana O'Neill of Portage will be disaster assessment workers to help to gather, analyze, and distribute information about the extent of the flood damage. Trudy Carden of Barneveld and Tim Zuleger of Reedsburg will be working in a shelter for those evacuated from their homes.
All four are scheduled to leave Wednesday.
A total of 12 volunteers from the Red Cross Western Wisconsin Region are providing assistance in Colorado.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns