MADISON, Wis. - Four Red Cross volunteers from southern Wisconsin area headed to Colorado to assist with flood relief efforts.
Nearly 18,000 homes have been damaged by flooding that spans 17 counties.
Brenda Haney of De Forest and Diana O'Neill of Portage will be disaster assessment workers to help to gather, analyze, and distribute information about the extent of the flood damage. Trudy Carden of Barneveld and Tim Zuleger of Reedsburg will be working in a shelter for those evacuated from their homes.
All four are scheduled to leave Wednesday.
A total of 12 volunteers from the Red Cross Western Wisconsin Region are providing assistance in Colorado.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK