MADISON, Wis. - Four Red Cross volunteers from southern Wisconsin area headed to Colorado to assist with flood relief efforts.
Nearly 18,000 homes have been damaged by flooding that spans 17 counties.
Brenda Haney of De Forest and Diana O'Neill of Portage will be disaster assessment workers to help to gather, analyze, and distribute information about the extent of the flood damage. Trudy Carden of Barneveld and Tim Zuleger of Reedsburg will be working in a shelter for those evacuated from their homes.
All four are scheduled to leave Wednesday.
A total of 12 volunteers from the Red Cross Western Wisconsin Region are providing assistance in Colorado.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates