MADISON, Wis. - Four Red Cross volunteers from southern Wisconsin area headed to Colorado to assist with flood relief efforts.
Nearly 18,000 homes have been damaged by flooding that spans 17 counties.
Brenda Haney of De Forest and Diana O'Neill of Portage will be disaster assessment workers to help to gather, analyze, and distribute information about the extent of the flood damage. Trudy Carden of Barneveld and Tim Zuleger of Reedsburg will be working in a shelter for those evacuated from their homes.
All four are scheduled to leave Wednesday.
A total of 12 volunteers from the Red Cross Western Wisconsin Region are providing assistance in Colorado.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program