MADISON, Wis. - The Alliant Energy utility company is planning to invest nearly
$24 million over the next decade to enhance electrical services in West Madison and Verona, according to a release from the company.
The project is a part of the company's Power Wisconsin project, which is aimed at improving energy reliability and supply to match the growing demand in those areas.
According to the release, money from the project will go to improving infrastructure like substations, transformers and power lines. New lines overhead and underground will also be a part of the project.
Construction in expected to begin in September 2013 and end some time in 2023.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother