MADISON, Wis. - The Alliant Energy utility company is planning to invest nearly
$24 million over the next decade to enhance electrical services in West Madison and Verona, according to a release from the company.
The project is a part of the company's Power Wisconsin project, which is aimed at improving energy reliability and supply to match the growing demand in those areas.
According to the release, money from the project will go to improving infrastructure like substations, transformers and power lines. New lines overhead and underground will also be a part of the project.
Construction in expected to begin in September 2013 and end some time in 2023.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns