MADISON, Wis - A Madison area health insurer announced it will be laying off more than 150 workers in Madison.
Ellen Floey, WPS Health Insurance's vice president of corporate communications, confirmed to WISC-TV 175 jobs will be cut in the next year. Foley said 95 of those will be cut before the end of 2013.
The positions being eliminated are in the health insurance division handling high-risk individuals, due to changes put in place by the health care reform.
Foley added that the 175 jobs are unrelated to the 400 other layoffs WPS announced earlier this year.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says