MADISON, Wis - A Madison area health insurer announced it will be laying off more than 150 workers in Madison.
Ellen Floey, WPS Health Insurance's vice president of corporate communications, confirmed to WISC-TV 175 jobs will be cut in the next year. Foley said 95 of those will be cut before the end of 2013.
The positions being eliminated are in the health insurance division handling high-risk individuals, due to changes put in place by the health care reform.
Foley added that the 175 jobs are unrelated to the 400 other layoffs WPS announced earlier this year.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say