MADISON, Wis. - The American Family Children's Hospital in Madison celebrated a milestone on Friday.
Hospital officials held a ceremony for the building's five-year anniversary. It opened in 2007 as a $78 million, state of the art hospital.
The hospital is starting a new expansion that will add two floors and a couple dozen critical care beds.
"It will create space for the neo-natal intensive care unit. This will be the only one of its kind in this entire area. And we will bring in kids from the entire state and region to take care of their surgical needs," said UW Hospital CEO Donna Katen-Bahensky.
The addition will cost about $32 million.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue