MADISON, Wis. - The American Family Children's Hospital in Madison celebrated a milestone on Friday.
Hospital officials held a ceremony for the building's five-year anniversary. It opened in 2007 as a $78 million, state of the art hospital.
The hospital is starting a new expansion that will add two floors and a couple dozen critical care beds.
"It will create space for the neo-natal intensive care unit. This will be the only one of its kind in this entire area. And we will bring in kids from the entire state and region to take care of their surgical needs," said UW Hospital CEO Donna Katen-Bahensky.
The addition will cost about $32 million.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'