MADISON, Wis. - Everything must go at American TV this week, and bargain hunters were eager to score a good deal Thursday.
The parking lot was packed with people as American TV started the liquidation process of its 11 stores in Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois. The stores are shutting down after 60 years in the business.
Kim Sweitzer said there were good deals, but the parking lot was a little crazy, and he had to park a block away.
"It's a madhouse," Sweitzer said. "Trying to find a parking space was crazy. People inside, they're pretty calm though."
American said it will honor gift cards and extended warranty policies, because they're through a third-party insurance company. Customers who have open orders waiting for delivery will either receive those items or will get a refund on their deposit.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls