MADISON, Wis. - Lightning is believed to be the cause of a fire on Madison's near east side Sunday night.
Crews were called just before 11:30 p.m. to the 1200 block of Rutledge Street.
Residents said they heard a loud crack just before a smoke alarm went off.
Firefighters found a lot of smoke in the basement and had to use imagining cameras to find where the fire started. They had it knocked down a few minutes later.
Two resident were displaced, but no one was hurt. Damage is estimated at $40,000.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injuries 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap