Local News

Lightning believed to spark fire on Madison's near east side

MADISON, Wis. - Lightning is believed to be the cause of a fire on Madison's near east side Sunday night.

Crews were called just before 11:30 p.m. to the 1200 block of Rutledge Street.

Residents said they heard a loud crack just before a smoke alarm went off.

Firefighters found a lot of smoke in the basement and had to use imagining cameras to find where the fire started. They had it knocked down a few minutes later.

Two resident were displaced, but no one was hurt. Damage is estimated at $40,000.

Local And Regional News

Photo Galleries

E-News Registration

This Week's Circulars