MADISON, Wis. - Numerous crashes and slide offs are being reported around Madison after light snow and freezing temperatures have caused main roads to become icy.
Traffic reporter Katie Austin said accidents in the 6 a.m. hour have resulted in two traffic lights being taken out in crashes. One crash happened at Commercial Avenue at N. Sherman, while another happened at the corner of Mineral Point and Glenway.
Madison Streets Superintendent Chris Kelly said his department has 32 trucks out salting main roads in preparation for the morning rush hour.
Cold temperatures and icy roads are also causing problems in other parts of the state. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is reporting numerous accidents along Interstate 94 in Racine and Kenosha counties because of the weather.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday