MADISON, Wis. - Numerous crashes and slide offs are being reported around Madison after light snow and freezing temperatures have caused main roads to become icy.
Traffic reporter Katie Austin said accidents in the 6 a.m. hour have resulted in two traffic lights being taken out in crashes. One crash happened at Commercial Avenue at N. Sherman, while another happened at the corner of Mineral Point and Glenway.
Madison Streets Superintendent Chris Kelly said his department has 32 trucks out salting main roads in preparation for the morning rush hour.
Cold temperatures and icy roads are also causing problems in other parts of the state. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is reporting numerous accidents along Interstate 94 in Racine and Kenosha counties because of the weather.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement