MADISON, Wis. - Commuters driving into Madison Friday morning faced hazardous conditions caused by light snow and freezing conditions.
The Department of Transportation reported eastbound traffic at the Beltline was completely blocked in Middleton near Greenway Boulevard because of a crash. That scene was cleared at 7:05 a.m.
An injury accident was also reported on U.S. 18-151 near county highway PB in Verona.
Traffic reporter Katie Austin reported numerous accidents along the Beltline, including slide offs at Gammon Road, Whitney Way and Verona Road. She also reported a crash on northbound Stoughton Road near Cottage Grove Road and another near Park Street.
Officials advised drivers to take extra precautions to deal with winter driving conditions.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say