MADISON, Wis. - Commuters driving into Madison Friday morning faced hazardous conditions caused by light snow and freezing conditions.
The Department of Transportation reported eastbound traffic at the Beltline was completely blocked in Middleton near Greenway Boulevard because of a crash. That scene was cleared at 7:05 a.m.
An injury accident was also reported on U.S. 18-151 near county highway PB in Verona.
Traffic reporter Katie Austin reported numerous accidents along the Beltline, including slide offs at Gammon Road, Whitney Way and Verona Road. She also reported a crash on northbound Stoughton Road near Cottage Grove Road and another near Park Street.
Officials advised drivers to take extra precautions to deal with winter driving conditions.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry