MADISON, Wis. - Commuters driving into Madison Friday morning faced hazardous conditions caused by light snow and freezing conditions.
The Department of Transportation reported eastbound traffic at the Beltline was completely blocked in Middleton near Greenway Boulevard because of a crash. That scene was cleared at 7:05 a.m.
An injury accident was also reported on U.S. 18-151 near county highway PB in Verona.
Traffic reporter Katie Austin reported numerous accidents along the Beltline, including slide offs at Gammon Road, Whitney Way and Verona Road. She also reported a crash on northbound Stoughton Road near Cottage Grove Road and another near Park Street.
Officials advised drivers to take extra precautions to deal with winter driving conditions.
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing