BEAVER DAM, Wis. - Two men suffered injuries when a lift fell on them in Beaver Dam on Sunday.
The incident happened while the men were tearing down lighting after an ice-skating show at the Family Center Ice Arena. Both men were parents of participants in the show.
The fire department and a helicopter responded to the scene, the latter to transport one of the men to UW Hospital.
The man was unconscious at one point, while the other had ankle injuries.
The hundreds of spectators had already left when the piece of equipment tipped over, something crews said had never happened at the site before.
"We haven't had anything serious at all, some of the routine injuries you'd expect in hockey games, but I was a little surprised to hear of injuries at a figure skating event," said Alan Mannel of the Beaver Dam Fire Department.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend