MADISON, Wis. - Police said two trees were lit on fire and a public book-sharing stand was burned on the far west side.
Madison police said the two fire incidents Saturday on the 1800 block of Camelot Drive appeared to be related.
According to the report, during the early-morning hours, someone doused two evergreen trees in separate yards with gasoline and ignited them.
A "take a book leave a book" stand was also burned, police said.
The report said it looked like the fire-starter used the books to start the blaze.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls