JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Rock County Health Department confirmed Friday that E. Coli levels in the Rock River and Lake Koshkonong are within normal ranges.
Thursday, The Rock County Health Department warned residents to be careful about drinking water when at the Rock River or Lake Koshkonong because of elevated levels of E.coli in the water.
The Health Department previously found elevated levels in four locations. The Health Department suspects the higher levels are because of recent rains that washed bacteria-laden runoff into the waterways.
Health officials said the health advisory has been lifted.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash