JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Rock County Health Department confirmed Friday that E. Coli levels in the Rock River and Lake Koshkonong are within normal ranges.
Thursday, The Rock County Health Department warned residents to be careful about drinking water when at the Rock River or Lake Koshkonong because of elevated levels of E.coli in the water.
The Health Department previously found elevated levels in four locations. The Health Department suspects the higher levels are because of recent rains that washed bacteria-laden runoff into the waterways.
Health officials said the health advisory has been lifted.
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers