MADISON, Wis. - The University of Wisconsin Hospital is being sued again after a doctor is accused of revealing a patient was HIV positive to relatives without permission.
According to the lawsuit, filed Friday, instead of waking a patient from his nap, a hospital resident told the man's wife and son he had the virus, and left it to them to break the news.
The news left the patient "stunned and devastated," the lawsuit said, and the wife and son left "distraught" as the patient was forced to admit his condition had likely resulted from same-sex affairs.
The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.
Another case in mediation, filed last fall, alleges a Middleton man's mother was told he was HIV positive at UW.
The hospital does not comment on pending litigation.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire