MADISON, Wis. - A Democratic state senator is upset that a 1 percent pay raise approved by the Legislature for state employees will not cover those still in a union contract.
Sen. Jon Erpenbach on Thursday sent a letter to Gov. Scott Walker on Thursday asking that Walker take steps to make sure the raise apply across the board.
But Walker's spokeswoman Jocelyn Webster says the governor made clear in a letter to state employees last month that the 1 percent increase was only for eligible state employees. She says those eligible are only those not currently represented by a union.
Erpenbach says if Walker doesn't take action, he hopes the Legislature addresses the issue this fall.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees