PRAIRIE DU SAC, Wis. - The last baby has been born at the old Sauk Prairie Hospital at 80 First St., according to a release.
On Saturday the Sauk Prairie Hospital moved from 80 First St. to the new site at 260 26th St. in Prairie du Sac, officials said.
The last baby to be born at the old hospital was welcomed into the world by Colleen Neefe and Jeremy Neefe, of Lone Rock, according to the release. Lennon Rae Neefe was born on Friday at 10:06 a.m.
The Birth Center staff celebrated the milestone by giving the mom and dad a gift basket, according to the release. Staff members are now waiting for the first baby to be born at the new location, which could happen any day.
There have been 12,947 people born at the old location since 1956, according to the release.
- Victim killed in east Madison gas station shooting was targeted, police say
- Diarrhea-causing parasite detected in Middleton HS pool
- 2 face felony OWI charges after separate arrests, sheriff's office says
- Camp Randall celebrating 100 years
- Court: Police can take blood from unconscious drivers
- Street crews salting main thoroughfares in Madison