MADISON, Wis. - Three men were arrested after a large fight broke out on Madison's north side Tuesday night, according to Madison police. Another fight that occurred later in the same area might be linked, according to police.
Officers were dispatched to the 4000 block of School Road at 5:25 p.m. for a report of a fight in progress. Witnesses told police many people were fighting in the road as others recorded the event on cellphones.
The crowd scattered as police arrived, leaving behind a 10-pound metal bar, a section of a rain gutter and a couple of hair weaves.
A witness told police the fight might have started over a stolen bus pass.
A 15-year-old girl reported being punched in the face during the fight.
Three men, all from Madison, were arrested. Larry D. Grant, 20, and Joseph K. Fleurisca were arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct. Jourdyn H. Ross, 19, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed.
Another fight broke out in the 1400 block of Northport Drive at 7:29 p.m. Witnesses told police it was likely linked to the fight on School Road.
The crowd scattered when police arrived. Police said two of those involved had armed themselves -- one with a baseball bat and the other with a metal pipe.
Javon J.C. Solis, 20, of Madison, and a 16-year-old Madison boy were arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street