MADISON, Wis. - The intersection of Langdon Street and Wisconsin Avenue will be closed for a month starting on Friday, according to a release.
Madison city officials said contractors will be installing underground utilities and making improvements to the road in association with the Edgewater Hotel project.
The intersection will be closed from Friday through May 15, according to the release.
Metro Busses that use the intersection will be rerouted during the closure, officials said. The intersection will be reopened April 25-27 to accommodate Crazylegs Classic participants.
Access to residences in the area will be maintained at all times, according to the release. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the south and west sides of Langdon Street and Wisconsin Avenue at all times during the closure.
Officials encourage motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closure.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer