MADISON, Wis. - The intersection of Langdon Street and Wisconsin Avenue will be closed for a month starting on Friday, according to a release.
Madison city officials said contractors will be installing underground utilities and making improvements to the road in association with the Edgewater Hotel project.
The intersection will be closed from Friday through May 15, according to the release.
Metro Busses that use the intersection will be rerouted during the closure, officials said. The intersection will be reopened April 25-27 to accommodate Crazylegs Classic participants.
Access to residences in the area will be maintained at all times, according to the release. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the south and west sides of Langdon Street and Wisconsin Avenue at all times during the closure.
Officials encourage motorists and bicyclists to use alternate routes to avoid delays during the closure.
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say