MADISON, Wis. - Langdon Street will be closed at North Henry Street starting Monday, according to a release.
The closure is scheduled to last through Friday and is to facilitate underground utility construction, according to the release.
The city and its contractors are currently reconstructing the 500 and 600 blocks of North Henry Street, according to the release. The project consists of installing underground utilities, and replacing concrete sidewalks, curb and gutter, drive aprons and new asphalt pavement.
Access to all properties will be available during the project, according to the release. A sidewalk on at least one side of the street will also be open at all times.
Officials encourage motorists to use alternative routes to avoid delay during the project.
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call