MADISON, Wis. - Two southbound lanes on Verona Road at the Beltline interchange will be closed Monday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., according to a Wisconsin Department of Transportation release. One lane will remain open on Verona Road southbound.
Officials expect delays and backups during the closure, and urge motorists to use the signed alternate route of Highway 14 and Highway M to access Verona Road.
Crews will continue to inspect the damage and evaluate ways to safely repair the damage that was caused by an oversize and overweight truck hitting the Beltline bridge over Verona Road Wednesday morning, officials said.
The truck caused significant damage to one of the bridge beams. But the bridge remains safe for traffic on the Beltline and Verona Road, officials said.
According to the release, the outside shoulder of the westbound Beltline at the Verona interchange will be closed long term due to the incident.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program