ANTIGO, Wis. - Organizers of the sled dog races in Antigo have postponed the January event because some parts of the race trail don't have enough snow.
Chamber of Commerce executive director Deena Grabowski said strong winds have blown the snow away in some open fields, leaving patches of ground. Grabowski said the races could be held in mid or late February.
The races are a qualifying event for the International Federation of Sleddog Sports World Championship Race in North Pole, Alaska.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Antigo has one of the most active sled dog clubs in the state.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry