ANTIGO, Wis. - Organizers of the sled dog races in Antigo have postponed the January event because some parts of the race trail don't have enough snow.
Chamber of Commerce executive director Deena Grabowski said strong winds have blown the snow away in some open fields, leaving patches of ground. Grabowski said the races could be held in mid or late February.
The races are a qualifying event for the International Federation of Sleddog Sports World Championship Race in North Pole, Alaska.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Antigo has one of the most active sled dog clubs in the state.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm