WINONA, Minn. - A La Crosse man has pleaded guilty to shooting and killing a Winona man.
Lonnie Hudson, 24, pleaded guilty in Winona County District Court on Thursday to second-degree murder and two counts of second-degree assault for killing Adam Fort in October 2015. Under his plea deal, first-degree murder and other charges were dropped.
Hudson and Reginald Burnett robbed Fort on Oct. 23, 2015, and shot him in the abdomen.
Hudson admitted in court Thursday that he shot Fort, according to a Winona Daily News report. Authorities said Hudson and others went to Fort's Winona apartment, supposedly to buy marijuana, but it turned into a robbery. Hudson fired a single shot that hit a major artery.
Kayla Mae Clay was also arrested in the case and is being held on charges of aiding an offender- accomplice after the fact.
Hudson received a 30-year sentence. He won't be eligible for parole until he serves 20 years.
Six other defendants were also charged in the case.
- Prisons chief tells lawmaker youth facility is safe
- Man with facial injuries claims he was attacked by 3 men
- 3 new retailers coming to West Towne
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash involving school bus
- Clyde Stubblefield to get posthumous UW honorary degree
- Snow could return after record high temps