MADISON, Wis. - A plea of not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect was entered Monday in the case of Jaren Kuester.
Kuester is accused of killing Gary Thoreson, his wife, Chloe Thoreson, and brother, Dean Thoreson, in April at the couple's farmhouse in the small town of Wiota.
Kuester's attorney, Guy Taylor, entered the plea on behalf of Kuester, who told the judge he understood the plea.
The mental health evaluation from Mendota Mental Health has been sealed.
The trial has been set for mid-October.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire