PLEASANT PRAIRIE, Wis. - Kringle is being served at Gov. Scott Walker's budget signing ceremony.
A provision in the two-year, $70 billion state budget makes the kringle the official state pastry.
The kringle being served at the ceremony in Pleasant Prairie comes from Lehmann's Bakery in Racine.
Kringle is a ring of Danish pastry filled with fruit, nuts or chocolate. It usually has icing on top.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer