PLEASANT PRAIRIE, Wis. - Kringle is being served at Gov. Scott Walker's budget signing ceremony.
A provision in the two-year, $70 billion state budget makes the kringle the official state pastry.
The kringle being served at the ceremony in Pleasant Prairie comes from Lehmann's Bakery in Racine.
Kringle is a ring of Danish pastry filled with fruit, nuts or chocolate. It usually has icing on top.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs