MADISON, Wis. - Kraft Foods is voluntarily recalling cases of select varieties of Kraft American Singles, according to a release the company posted on its website Friday.
A supplier did not store an ingredient used in the product according to the company's temperature standards, which could have created conditions that could lead to premature spoilage, food borne illness or both, according to the release.
The company is issuing the recall of 7,691 cases shipping to customers across the country as a precaution, officials said.
Representatives for the company said they have not received any consumer illness complaints for the product associated with the recall.
The affected product is four varieties with Best When Used By dates of Feb. 20, 2015 and Feb. 21, 2015. The products are all Kraft American Singles pasteurized prepared cheese products of differing package sizes. No other Kraft Singles products are impacted.
The recalled product was produced at Kraft's Springfield, Missouri, facility.
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal