MADISON, Wis. - A pot of oil started a fire in a Madison house Monday afternoon, according to the Madison Fire Department.
The fire was quickly put out at a single-family home on the 3400 block of Richard Street.
Authorities said the resident put a pot of oil on the stove and left the kitchen to close windows, due to an incoming storm. When the resident returned, smoke had filled the kitchen.
Fire crews extinguished the fire within two minutes of arriving and saved three cats.
Damages are estimated at $40,000. No injuries were reported.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River