MADISON, Wis. - A pot of oil started a fire in a Madison house Monday afternoon, according to the Madison Fire Department.
The fire was quickly put out at a single-family home on the 3400 block of Richard Street.
Authorities said the resident put a pot of oil on the stove and left the kitchen to close windows, due to an incoming storm. When the resident returned, smoke had filled the kitchen.
Fire crews extinguished the fire within two minutes of arriving and saved three cats.
Damages are estimated at $40,000. No injuries were reported.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1