MADISON, Wis. - A pot of oil started a fire in a Madison house Monday afternoon, according to the Madison Fire Department.
The fire was quickly put out at a single-family home on the 3400 block of Richard Street.
Authorities said the resident put a pot of oil on the stove and left the kitchen to close windows, due to an incoming storm. When the resident returned, smoke had filled the kitchen.
Fire crews extinguished the fire within two minutes of arriving and saved three cats.
Damages are estimated at $40,000. No injuries were reported.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns