MADISON, Wis. - Madison fire investigators said that they believe a fire that caused $50,000 on Tuesday afternoon started in the kitchen of an East Side home, but it wasn't a result of cooking.
Officials were called to the home in the 1900 block of East Washington Avenue at about 4 p.m.
Neighbors called after seeing smoke coming from the side windows.
Firefighters said they were able to extinguish the fire within minutes of their arrival.
Officials said they were able to contain the fire to the second-floor apartment at the rear of the building.
There were no injuries. The exact cause of the fire is undetermined, officials said.
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads