Two children were transported to a hospital after an ATV crash that killed a dog Sunday, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Skinner Hollow Road at 11:04 a.m. for a report of an ATV crash.
Investigators said Hayden J. Arneson, 13, of Monroe, was driving the ATV down a grassy hill when a dog jumped in front of the ATV. Haley B. Arneson, 11, of Monroe, was a passenger.
The driver hit the brakes and collided with the dog, causing the ATV to flip end over end ejecting the children, according to deputies.
Both were transported to the hospital by private vehicle and neither was wearing head or eye protection, according to deputies.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer