Two children were transported to a hospital after an ATV crash that killed a dog Sunday, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Skinner Hollow Road at 11:04 a.m. for a report of an ATV crash.
Investigators said Hayden J. Arneson, 13, of Monroe, was driving the ATV down a grassy hill when a dog jumped in front of the ATV. Haley B. Arneson, 11, of Monroe, was a passenger.
The driver hit the brakes and collided with the dog, causing the ATV to flip end over end ejecting the children, according to deputies.
Both were transported to the hospital by private vehicle and neither was wearing head or eye protection, according to deputies.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says