CARLTON, Wis. - Owners of the Kewaunee Power Station in eastern Wisconsin say the nuclear plant will be closed in May.
Dominion Resources has notified the Nuclear Regulatory Commission the target date for the plant to be shut down is May 7.
Dominion hasn't been able to find a buyer for the plant, which employs about 650 people.
The Green Bay Press-Gazette said an analysis by a University of Wisconsin economics expert determined the closure will cost about $85 million annually in direct and indirect income in Kewaunee County.
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern