MADISON, Wis. - A Kentucky man found records of himself taking out credit cards and using them in Madison despite never having visited, according to a Madison Police Department statement.
The statement said the man was a victim of identity theft and found credit card purchases reaching more than $8,000 at West Towne Mall, Walmart and Sam's Club were bought under his name during July.
Police have a photograph of a possible suspect and are urging anyone with more information on the crime to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program