MADISON, Wis. - A Kentucky man found records of himself taking out credit cards and using them in Madison despite never having visited, according to a Madison Police Department statement.
The statement said the man was a victim of identity theft and found credit card purchases reaching more than $8,000 at West Towne Mall, Walmart and Sam's Club were bought under his name during July.
Police have a photograph of a possible suspect and are urging anyone with more information on the crime to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert