MADISON, Wis. - A local man was arrested on suspicion of multiple charges including drug possession after a traffic stop for a missing front plate, police said.
The Madison Police Department's West District Community Police Team was responding to citizen complaints about trespassing and possible drug dealing at an apartment complex on the 6700 block of Schroeder Road Tuesday night when an armed man was taken into custody, according to the report.
Deangelo L. Gray, 32, was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, possession with intent to deliver marijuana, possession of drugs within 1,000 feet of a park, felony bail jumping and possession of a firearm as a felon, Madison police said.
Records for Gray include addresses in both Madison and Cottage Grove.
The report said officers spotted a white Mercedes that did not have a front license plate leaving the area just before 8 p.m., and officers stopped the car.
Gray denied having drugs or other contraband. However, police said K-9 Martie indicated drugs were present.
Police said officers found marijuana, a loaded handgun, large capacity magazine filled with ammunition, several cell phones, and hundreds of dollars in cash.
Court records indicate the suspect was recently arrested in Milwaukee County for allegedly dealing cocaine.
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases