EDGERTON, Wis. - Police said three juveniles were arrested Friday in connection with an Edgerton camper fire earlier this month.
The Edgerton Police Department said in a release Friday night that two males were charged with arson and a third with criminal damage to property a week after a camper fire.
According to the release, Edgerton police and fire responded to a report of a fire on the 400 block of East Fulton Street on May 16.
Police said a trailer was on fire at about 11:33 p.m. The initial investigation showed that the fire was suspicious. Collected evidence, witness interviews and citizen tips all pointed to arson, according to the report.
On Friday, police identified and interviewed the suspects. Three juveniles were charged.
One male was charged with arson of property other than a building, damage to property over $2,500 and damage.
A second male was charged with the same three charges plus resisting an officer.
A third male was charged with criminal damage to property.
Police did not identify the names or ages of the males who were charged.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire