EDGERTON, Wis. - Police said three juveniles were arrested Friday in connection with an Edgerton camper fire earlier this month.
The Edgerton Police Department said in a release Friday night that two males were charged with arson and a third with criminal damage to property a week after a camper fire.
According to the release, Edgerton police and fire responded to a report of a fire on the 400 block of East Fulton Street on May 16.
Police said a trailer was on fire at about 11:33 p.m. The initial investigation showed that the fire was suspicious. Collected evidence, witness interviews and citizen tips all pointed to arson, according to the report.
On Friday, police identified and interviewed the suspects. Three juveniles were charged.
One male was charged with arson of property other than a building, damage to property over $2,500 and damage.
A second male was charged with the same three charges plus resisting an officer.
A third male was charged with criminal damage to property.
Police did not identify the names or ages of the males who were charged.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1