MILWAUKEE - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Patience Roggensack incorrectly listed a reserve judge as one of her endorsers despite being told that he did not support her.
Roggensack adviser Brandon Scholz told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that Robert Kinney's name was listed in error, and it was removed from her web site by Saturday. The newspaper reported it was the second time Roggensack listed an endorsement she did not actually receive.
Kinney emailed Roggensack last week to object, saying he disagreed with her on virtually every 4-3 decision from the court. She wrote back to say he was listed by mistake and his name would be taken down.
Kinney said he's satisfied.
Roggensack faces Marquette University law professor Ed Fallone in the April 2 election. The winner will serve a 10-year term.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend