MILWAUKEE - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Patience Roggensack incorrectly listed a reserve judge as one of her endorsers despite being told that he did not support her.
Roggensack adviser Brandon Scholz told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that Robert Kinney's name was listed in error, and it was removed from her web site by Saturday. The newspaper reported it was the second time Roggensack listed an endorsement she did not actually receive.
Kinney emailed Roggensack last week to object, saying he disagreed with her on virtually every 4-3 decision from the court. She wrote back to say he was listed by mistake and his name would be taken down.
Kinney said he's satisfied.
Roggensack faces Marquette University law professor Ed Fallone in the April 2 election. The winner will serve a 10-year term.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US