MADISON, Wis. - The car fire June 9 on the 2600 block of McDivitt Road has been deemed arson, according to a release.
The Madison Police Department obtained pictures of the suspect from a nearby private business video surveillance camera, according to the release.
Officials say the photos confirm the male subject approached the Dodge Charger with a small red container of gasoline and intentionally set fire to the vehicle.
The video evidence indicates the possibility of the suspect being injured during the explosion and fire, according to the release.
South District detectives say they are interested in information about anyone who may have suffered burns or been treated at a nearby medical facility for burns on June 9 or 10.
Officials ask anyone with information on the arson suspect to contact South District Detective Jerry Johnson at 266-5935.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire