MADISON, Wis. - The car fire June 9 on the 2600 block of McDivitt Road has been deemed arson, according to a release.
The Madison Police Department obtained pictures of the suspect from a nearby private business video surveillance camera, according to the release.
Officials say the photos confirm the male subject approached the Dodge Charger with a small red container of gasoline and intentionally set fire to the vehicle.
The video evidence indicates the possibility of the suspect being injured during the explosion and fire, according to the release.
South District detectives say they are interested in information about anyone who may have suffered burns or been treated at a nearby medical facility for burns on June 9 or 10.
Officials ask anyone with information on the arson suspect to contact South District Detective Jerry Johnson at 266-5935.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program