DARLINGTON, Wis. - A teen from southwestern Wisconsin will soon learn whether he can withdraw his guilty pleas following a fire that killed his three nephews.
Prosecutors have accused 19-year-old Jeremy L. Wand of Argyle of helping his brother, Armin Wand III, set a house fire last year. The fire killed Armin Wand's three sons, ages 3 to 7. It also injured Armin Wand's wife and killed her unborn baby.
Jeremy Wand pleaded guilty in June to three felonies. But he now says he was pressured into taking a plea deal, and his sister-in-law has also recanted statements implicating the brothers in the fire.
A judge will decide Thursday whether Wand can withdraw his pleas. If not, Wand will be sentenced later that day.
Armin Wand was sentenced to three consecutive life terms.
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff