A Stearns County judge says a Freeport, Minn. farmer must face all the charges against him in a raw milk case.
Organic egg producer Alvin Schlangen had asked the judge to dismiss three of the six charges. Schlangen argued those charges were similar to ones he was acquitted on in Hennepin County.
But Judge Thomas Knapp disagreed. The judge ruled the Stearns County allegations were for actions that happened 10 days after the Hennepin County incident and involved different food items.
In October, a Hennepin County jury found Schlangen not guilty of selling raw milk, operating without a food handler's license and handling adulterated food.
Schlangen faces those three charges in Stearns County as well as three other misdemeanors.
The St. Cloud Times reports no trial date has been set.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need