A Stearns County judge says a Freeport, Minn. farmer must face all the charges against him in a raw milk case.
Organic egg producer Alvin Schlangen had asked the judge to dismiss three of the six charges. Schlangen argued those charges were similar to ones he was acquitted on in Hennepin County.
But Judge Thomas Knapp disagreed. The judge ruled the Stearns County allegations were for actions that happened 10 days after the Hennepin County incident and involved different food items.
In October, a Hennepin County jury found Schlangen not guilty of selling raw milk, operating without a food handler's license and handling adulterated food.
Schlangen faces those three charges in Stearns County as well as three other misdemeanors.
The St. Cloud Times reports no trial date has been set.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers