MADISON, Wis. - The John Nolen Drive ramp to the eastbound Beltline will close at 8 p.m. Thursday and won't reopen until June 28.
The ramp was supposed to close Wednesday, but wet conditions delayed the start of the project.
The state Department of Transportation said traffic headed to the eastbound Beltline will be detoured to the Rimrock Road interchange.
Off-ramps at Rimrock Road will be restricted to right-turn only onto Rimrock Road to accommodate the additional traffic. The northbound Rimrock Road left turn to westbound Beltline will be closed.
Beltline traffic near the John Nolen interchange will also be split for traffic in both directions.
Eastbound traffic will split one lane to the left of the work zone and two lanes the right. Westbound traffic split two lanes to left of the work zone and one lane to the right. Three lanes will be open in each direction from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays.
DOT officials expect significant traffic delays during the project.26193172
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12